During the second quarter of 2014, P&A changed portfolio management software vendors from Axys to Tamarac. We made this change for various reasons, but one of the biggest was accessibility for our clients. One of the features of this new program is the Client Portal, which allows you to access information about your account online and to receive P&A’s quarterly statements electronically. This is not meant as a replacement to Charles Schwab’s website (SchwabAlliance.com), but rather to give you a concise and easy to understand look at your accounts. Overall, we think the portal is easier to navigate and more user-friendly.
How to log into your client portal for the first time
- Open the email with the subject line “New Client Portal.”
- Click on the link that says “Client Portal Sign-In Page.”
- In the browser window that opens, enter your email address and the temporary password included in the email.
- Agree to the Terms of Service by scrolling down to the bottom and selecting “I Agree” in the lower right.
- You will then be prompted to change your password.
- First, enter the temporary password.
- In the next box down (New Password), you will want to select a password that incorporates the characteristics listed to the right of the password boxes (uppercase, lowercase, numbers, etc.).
- After you have selected your new password, you will need to enter it in the bottom box as well (Confirm Password).
- Then click on Set Password.
- You should now be logged in to your portal and see a “Dashboard” of information about your account(s).
How to log directly into your client portal
Click on this link to take you directly to the client portal login page (shown below).
How to navigate within the portal
Your various P&A investment accounts will be listed in the blue shaded bar at the top of your screen that says “Find data for.” Select the account you want to view from this drop-down menu and click the Change button to the right. If you want to view all your accounts combined, select the line that says Household in the accounts list.
This dashboard is made up of several different report components. By clicking on the magnifying glass in the grey bar of each report component, you can expand that report to a full page. To get back to the dashboard, simply click on Home in the main menu.
Again, let us know if you run into any roadblocks during this process. We are very happy to help.