The confidence your money is looking forTM
P&A makes the CNBC
Financial Advisor 100 List
Most financial advisors are not required to put your best interests first at all times. Discover our fee-only and fiduciary difference.
Your financial advocate for life.
Are your accounts growing as your career takes off? Let us help you ensure your money is working just as hard for you as you worked for it.
Major Life Events
Have you sold a business, become suddenly single, or inherited a lump sum? Let us help you navigate the financial aspects of these life transitions.
What’s next for you? Whether you’re nearing retirement or already there, let us help you embark upon your next phase with confidence.
Fee-Only + Fiduciary = Shared Success
Investing is a lifelong journey. When done right, it can be incredibly rewarding.
Real financial planning is about creating a roadmap for the life you envision.
Company Retirement Plans
Spend your time doing what you do best. Leave the heavy lifting to us.
Simple and transparent pricing.
We’re here to serve, not sell.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your minimum relationship size?
Are you a fiduciary?
Yes! P&A is a full-time fiduciary and has been since 1995 when our firm was founded. Being a fiduciary means we are obligated to place your best interests ahead of our own. Here is our Statement of Fiduciary Oath. Consider it a red flag if an advisor won’t sign a fiduciary oath. Beware, some advisors are held to a fiduciary standard only when offering advice and not when implementing the advice (selling you products). These are known as fee-based or dually-registered advisors. If you see “securities offered through…Member SIPC, FINRA” at the bottom of an advisor’s website, it means they get paid to sell you products. This is very different from our fee-only business model.
How will I benefit by working with your firm?
- We will save you time and help you streamline your financial life.
- We will help you analyze important financial decisions from all angles.
- We will provide you with insights, guidance, support, and encouragement.
- We will help you find any financial blind spots you may have.
- We will help you gain a perspective you can’t get on your own.
We deliver these benefits through the ongoing professional management of your investments and comprehensive financial planning. Professional investment management includes:
- Investing your monies to match your unique goals, timeline, and personality.
- Keeping your monies hard at work by remaining fully invested to your target allocation.
- Ensuring your accounts get the attention they deserve through our defined quarterly review process.
- Monitoring your accounts for rebalancing and tax loss opportunities.
- Reporting your account performance net of our fees compared to your benchmark on a quarterly basis.
Financial planning can range from one-off questions to a comprehensive plan that serves as a roadmap for your future. There are a hundred potential tasks grouped into this catchall phrase. These include:
- Monitoring your progress towards your financial goals.
- Helping you determine a safe withdrawal rate and which accounts to draw down first.
- Exploring Social Security maximization techniques.
- Showing you ways to increase your charitable giving impact.
- Analyzing your retirement account rollover options.
- Reviewing your insurance policies and annuities.
- Ensuring you have basic estate planning documents in place.
- Helping you allocate your company retirement plan monies.
What makes you different from other advisors?
Many people come to us with the same complaints about their current advisor. They:
- Question the fees they’re paying or some of the advice they’ve received.
- Aren’t getting phone calls/emails returned in a timely manner.
- Feel like their advisor talks down to them or dodges their questions.
- Are in the dark about how their account is performing or why it’s invested the way it is.
- Believe their advisor hasn’t taken the time to really understand what’s important to them.
We’ve built our business to alleviate these and other frustrations. The difference begins with our team. All of us come to work every day ready to go to bat for you whenever and wherever we can. Think of us as your financial bulldog. Since we aren’t paid by selling you investment products, our sole focus is helping you reach your goals and being there when you need us. You’ll like our friendliness, Midwestern work ethic, and responsiveness to your needs.
What’s new on the P&A Blog?
One of Wall Street’s most famous sayings is “cut your losses and let your profits run.” In reality, many investors do the opposite, selling winners too early and holding onto losing positions too long (what’s known as the disposition effect). Behavioral finance...
When it comes to money, it is never too early to start educating your kids and teaching them good habits. Here are a few concepts that some of us at P&A have implemented with our own kids. If you are a parent, or even a grandparent, hopefully these concepts are...
Just before Christmas 2019, Congress passed and the president signed the SECURE Act, the most significant update to retirement law in over a decade. Here are the five biggest implications: Elimination of Stretch IRAs for non-spouse inheritors: Beginning in...
Get P&A in your inbox!
We write our monthly client email in-house with the goal of educating and entertaining.