Just a few years ago, nearly 18 million people experienced having their identity stolen. Today, it represents the fastest growing crime in America with someone’s identity stolen every three seconds. No one thinks it will happen to them until it does. In an effort to keep our clients informed about the various tactics employed by cybercriminals, how you can thwart them, and the steps to take if your identity is compromised, we are sharing two documents provided to us by Charles Schwab.
The first document is titled, “Protecting Your Identity, Data, and Assets.” Here’s what it covers:
- Common cyber threats and tactics
- How cybercriminals use stolen data
- How you can protect your data
- Additional resources
The second document is titled, “How to Respond to a Data Breach,” and it covers:
- What steps to take within the first 24-48 hours
- What to pay attention to during the first week after
- And what needs to be addressed in the next 30 days and beyond
Please use P&A as a resource. If you suspect that your identity has been compromised, please notify us immediately. Time is of the essence and critical in limiting any damage that may result.