Here are three articles that caught our eye in the last week. Two retirement-related, and one that’s industry-specific.
- Charles Schwab is out with a new survey of 401(k) participants. According to the results, saving enough for a comfortable retirement and job security are the two most significant financial stressors.
- 49% of respondents say they are somewhat likely to achieve their retirement savings goals.
- The potential for more savings, increased Social Security benefits, and reduced healthcare expenses are among the advantages of later retirement.
- Go west (or south), young (or old) man (or woman). The Top 25 cities for net growth over the last decade are all in the south or west.
- Florida, Texas, and the Carolinas factor prominently in this list.
- Note: These rankings are pre-pandemic.
- This article details the latest in an ongoing battle of whether or not a financial advisor should be held to the highest standard of care in dealing with clients (called the fiduciary standard) or a lesser standard.
- Regulation Best Interest requires disclosure of conflicts of interest, which typically arise when the advisor/broker earns commissions by selling their clients a financial product. However, Reg BI falls short of a true fiduciary standard.
Clicking on the links above may result in you leaving the Pittenger & Anderson, Inc. website. The opinions and ideas expressed on these external websites are those of third-party vendors and Pittenger & Anderson, Inc. has not approved or endorsed any of this third-party content. For the full Terms & Conditions of using the Pittenger & Anderson, Inc. website, click on this link.
Pittenger & Anderson, Inc. does not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal, or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal, and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction. Additionally, the information presented here is not intended to be a recommendation to buy or sell any specific security. To learn more about our firm and investment approach, check out our Form ADV.
Click here to download the PDF version of this article.